Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Do you follow a certain "schedule"?

Smile Do you follow a certain "schedule"?

I don't mean baby training--I loathe baby training--but a series of foods, like "rice and fruit in the morning, veggies at night"?

Does this work for you, why or why not?

We're new to solid foods (see blog link in signature!) and I'm still trying to figure out a "system".
    Any advice would be GREAT!
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy

Default Re: Do you follow a certain "schedule"?

nope, I just feed my kids whatever Im eating. (except for that bucket of chocolate icecream ) I think people stress way to much about introducing solids. Solids at first are for exploration and learning. The only "rule" that I follow is the "3 day rule" which is just waiting 3 days between introducing new foods to watch for reactions.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

Talking Re: Do you follow a certain "schedule"?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*littleiandjmomma View Post
    nope, I just feed my kids whatever Im eating. (except for that bucket of chocolate icecream ) I think people stress way to much about introducing solids. Solids at first are for exploration and learning. The only "rule" that I follow is the "3 day rule" which is just waiting 3 days between introducing new foods to watch for reactions.
    Thank you!!
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy

we did new foods at lunch time so that everyone was in a good mood and I could watch for any reactions. i didn't want to have a baby fussing from a food at bedtime. (I also did a 4 day wait between new foods.)
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

By the time Joe actually started EATING solids, rather than fighting and spitting things out (around eight to nine months), he was getting pretty much whatever we were eating. I do tend to give him fruit and cheerios for breakfast, other than that it's a free for all of leftovers, cheese, etc.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.