Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 Swings or a PISA

Default 2 Swings or a PISA

I'm expecting in May 2011. I have a 25 month old DD that still nurses once per day. I was a SAHM with her for the first 15 months, so I only needed to pump a handful of times for a night out. I had a Medela Swing for this, and I liked it very much. I'm planning on returning to work a couple months after our second baby is born, and I figure I'll need a double pump to get the best results and keep my supply up.

I'd like to get a second Medela Swing to save money rather than getting a Pump In Style Advance. As far as I can tell, besides the bag and cooler accessories, there is no advantage to the PISA over my proposed 2 Swing system. I realize I'll have to find two outlets and push two buttons, but I don't see that as a big inconvenience. Is there any reason this wouldn't work? Can you think of any other pitfalls I haven't considered yet?

Default Re: 2 Swings or a PISA

My freestyle is worth every penny! The fact that it runs on batteries have been a godsend a few times when I had no outlet.

If you plan to continue pumping and feeding ebm for any length of time - I cannot tout the benefits of a freestyle enough.

I've been pumping 3x a day at work five days a week for going on 7 months now. It is no walk in the park. Set yourself up for success with the right tool for the job.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Smile Re: 2 Swings or a PISA

Ditto on the convenience issue; I went to work at 8 weeks PP (sadly) and having the PISA tote was AMAZING. I cannot recommend this pump enough!

Good luck with your search!

Check out my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post

My freestyle is worth every penny! The fact that it runs on batteries have been a godsend a few times when I had no outlet.

If you plan to continue pumping and feeding ebm for any length of time - I cannot tout the benefits of a freestyle enough.

I've been pumping 3x a day at work five days a week for going on 7 months now. It is no walk in the park. Set yourself up for success with the right tool for the job.

The Pisa can run on batteries as well. I just think the two pumps would be a minor pita
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Ah! I was under the impression that the Pisa had to be plugged in.

two pumps would be a PITA. It's hard enough with one.

I have a hands free thing for my pump and the freestyle attaches to a belt thing. Really dorky looking but you can get stuff done.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

My personal preference is the PISA over the freestyle having used both, although the PPs above are correct in what they said about the convenience of the freestyle's size. My PISA just can't give me enough juice on the battery pack. I use the Freestyle for travel and when work will have me running around w/o a reliable office to use; the PISA is my "everyday" pump.

I got a GREAT deal on bestbuybaby.com. There is also nursingmothersupplies.com and babytalkstore.com

Good luck!
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos