Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Crying when breastfeeding

Default Crying when breastfeeding

My almost 4 month baby girl has started crying when it is time for her evening feeding. I am a working mom so it had been the first time she was to eat off a breast since the early morning (6:30 AM) so I was putting it down as she was used to the bottle and was adjusting to being back home with me. However, after being home for 4 days and breastfeeding only she is still doing it at the evening time and now has started to do it duirng the day too. I feed her every 3 hours and wonder if she is wanting to go longer between feedings? There has been times she has cried so much that she has tired herself out and gone back to sleep without eating. Can anyone help?! I'm getting to the point of crying too, but I don't want to give up but don't want her to be hungry.

Default Re: Crying when breastfeeding

Do you think she could be sick. The only time my DD acted like that around that age - refused breast & cried - she ended up having an ear infection.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I wondered if she could be. She has been having drainage for a while now, but is only fussy when it is time to go onto the breast. I'm a first time Mom so I have no clue

Could be. Sometimes nursing hurts them when their ears are infected. I'd take her to the doc just to check. My LO would get them every time she got a cold in the first year. Which was like 4x in a row! Sometimes it would show up right after the cold left.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby