Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often does your toddler nurse?

Default Re: How often does your toddler nurse?

My DD is almost 21 mths and she nurses 3-4 times during the day and about 2-3 times during the night.

my LO is nursing less and less he's thirteen months and is just not that interested. I envy all you mamas who are nursing real toddlers. I feel like he's going to be done way too soon.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

My DD is 3 and now only nurses 2-3 times per day. We've actually had a couple days lately were she's not nursed at all .

At 2, though, she still nursed quite frequently, and up until she was 22 months and I night weaned her, she nursed all night long. Until then she had never slept without nursing. I would often nurse her for ten hours at night so she would get plenty of sleep . I had to night wean for sanity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    my LO is nursing less and less he's thirteen months and is just not that interested. I envy all you mamas who are nursing real toddlers. I feel like he's going to be done way too soon.
    At that age Max cut way down too, he was walking around and doing so man new things sometimes I felt like I was forcing it. Eventually he returned to the more frequent nursing.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    I don't think you're the only one

My DD is almost 31 months and she has slowed down significantly in the past month or two. Usually on days I work. She MIGHT nurse at lunch and then she MIGHT nurse after work (usually not) and then she will nurse to bed and through the night. When she wants my attention she will ask to nurse.
    Aww...since I first responded almost 2 months ago my DD is only nursing at night now. I think my milk has all dried up because of my pregnancy. She has a cold right now and last night was barely able to nurse. I really miss my milk since she is sick!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    At that age Max cut way down too, he was walking around and doing so man new things sometimes I felt like I was forcing it. Eventually he returned to the more frequent nursing.
    that's nice to hear I am there right now - I don't want to push it on him because i think that's just weird, but i do want him to be getting what he needs nutritionally - and selfishly i'm not ready for him to be done.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

My 12.5 month old nurses 4x a day (and that has been his schedule since 8 months old -- in the AM, before both naps, and bedtime).

DD is 22 months old and still nurses frequently throughout the day. If she could stay attached 24/7 I am sure she would! She still wakes several times at night to nurse as well.

nursing is DDs fav past time, that I am certain of.
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

DS is 13.5 months and he nurses 6-8 times a day. If we are home all day, it could be more often... like every hour he'll nurse for 5 minutes. I guess he wants a quick sip of mom's milk?
    First baby Thanos Liam born on 12/20/2009... we are and since birth and still going strong!!

Mine is 18 months old, and nurses easily every 1-1.5 hours during the day (she does sleep through the night)! If she is playing with her Dad, she can go a few hours without nursing, but as soon as I come back, she always wants to!