Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: feeling sad

Default Re: feeling sad

Day 2 no nursing.. I thought I would feel sad again. But I don't. I think it is time.. We cuddled and talked and he asked me if I wanted to nurse him.. Which is really funny and I said no thank you I am a big girl. He smiled and said me too!!.. and off to bed he went.. Layed down and fell asleep..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Just don't worry. Going a few days is the first step towards getting there for sure. But when we started going days.....we still nursed. Don't feel like it has to be all or nothing. Going two days is good. Sometimes we'd go five. Like all the week days. But we'd both still crave the morning session on the weekend. Or he'd come find me and latch on if I slept in a different space. Which I did every night the last 6months we were actively working on it. And even after he "officially" stopped. He still did it a handful of times.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Just don't worry. Going a few days is the first step towards getting there for sure. But when we started going days.....we still nursed. Don't feel like it has to be all or nothing. Going two days is good. Sometimes we'd go five. Like all the week days. But we'd both still crave the morning session on the weekend. Or he'd come find me and latch on if I slept in a different space. Which I did every night the last 6months we were actively working on it. And even after he "officially" stopped. He still did it a handful of times.
    One time Emma didn't nurse for 2 weeks and then started up nursing a few times a week again. I thought she weaned a few times before she finally did, at 3 years 8 months.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

Thank you.. I just remember with Aves it was so sudden and my breast hurt so bad.. So I know I have been dreading that pain again. But so far so good.. He was nursing his sister's baby doll this morning. it was very cute
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Haylee didn't nurse for almost 6 months and she started nursing again. I seriously didn't think it was possible, but she did it.

Weaning is such a hard thing. I really thought I would be nursing 3 when I got pregnant with G, and I'm so glad I'm not, even though I was very sad Waylon didn't start nursing again after she was born.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

day 3 he didn't even asked.. He just asked to be held like a baby..so I rocked him a little and then he kissed me and off to bed he went.. I think the hardest part is just letting go and reminding myself, that I am still such a big part of his life. Also knowing he is our last, and I will never nurse a baby again kind of makes me tear up.. . But I am also excited to get to that point in life that is past diapers.. and boobies.. DH hasn't been to supportive but I don't think he knows what to say.. He knows if he says anything wrong I will bite his head off.. I don't mean to, but you can't really understand unless you have actually gone through it.. and he is secretly glad that Wade will be handing over his boobs back to him..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

men are like that...
    Sounds like its gone great and on toddlers terms.

I was ready to be done when Ben weaned, and I was still crying buckets. It is sad, but our relationship really didn't change like I thought it would. He still needs me just as much.

You should be so proud of yourself for being such a dedicated mommy! I am starting to understand what you mean by feeling sad... I am no where close to weaning my 11 month old daughter (we plan on natural weaning), but she caught her first cold and was so congested that she went on a nursing strike for a few days!

It was so difficult for me, physically discomforting and suddenly having to hand express again, but also emotionally. I knew she wanted to nurse, she would just look at the breast and then push me away crying as though to say "why are you tormenting me? You know I can't breathe!" I was so sad, my heart breaking at seeing those little tears. And then I realized just how much of my feeling like a good mother and providing for all her needs was connected with breastfeeding. I knew before, but I really felt it deeply.. Based on those feelings I think you need to remind yourself that you're his one and only mommy, the one who nourishes, protects and soothes. Breastfeeding or weaned, you will always be his mommy.

So, I understand your sadness at weaning and can only hope my baby girl keeps nursing for a long time~ for both of us! Best of luck and warm thoughts for you!
    Last edited by @llli*jwatsonchoi; March 6th, 2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: wanted to add more personalized response

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jwatsonchoi View Post
    You should be so proud of yourself for being such a dedicated mommy! I am starting to understand what you mean by feeling sad... I am no where close to weaning my 11 month old daughter (we plan on natural weaning), but she caught her first cold and was so congested that she went on a nursing strike for a few days!

It was so difficult for me, physically discomforting and suddenly having to hand express again, but also emotionally. I knew she wanted to nurse, she would just look at the breast and then push me away crying as though to say "why are you tormenting me? You know I can't breathe!" I was so sad, my heart breaking at seeing those little tears. And then I realized just how much of my feeling like a good mother and providing for all her needs was connected with breastfeeding. I knew before, but I really felt it deeply.. Based on those feelings I think you need to remind yourself that you're his one and only mommy, the one who nourishes, protects and soothes. Breastfeeding or weaned, you will always be his mommy.

So, I understand your sadness at weaning and can only hope my baby girl keeps nursing for a long time~ for both of us! Best of luck and warm thoughts for you!
    Next time that happens, shoot a little of what you hand express up her nose. Breastmilk usually clears up congestion instantly. Not long term, but long enough for them to eat. HTH!

Way too lazy for formula