Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best way to wear and BF premie??

Default Best way to wear and BF premie??

I just made a ring sling and haven't really used it yet but I was wandering if anyone wears their preemies and type of carrier is best for preemies? And what type of carrier is best for BFing them in?

Default Re: Best way to wear and BF premie??

Quote Originally Posted by mel6928 View Post
    I just made a ring sling and haven't really used it yet but I was wandering if anyone wears their preemies and type of carrier is best for preemies? And what type of carrier is best for BFing them in?
    I used a wrap that I made, it has many diffrent holds and ways to wear them, from just newborn up to preschooler.....so I've been using the same one throughout her life, she's over a year old now. Wearyourbaby.com is the website.....

I would think that any would be good! What ever gives the baby the time in arms that he needs to grow.
    Can you take the baby to bed and get lots of skin to skin contact every day?

Yeah we co-sleep and he's always on me so we get plenty of skin to skin I'll have to try the wrap thanks for the info!

I would reccommend a mobystyle wrap, you can make one out of a longpiece of jersey very inexpensively. You can wear it without a shirt on if you're home and get lots of good skin to skin contact!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...