Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby keeps coming off breast as he eats...

Default Baby keeps coming off breast as he eats...

My son is 2 months old and lately he has been coming off the breast over and over as I try to feed him as if he isn't hungry. This has been going on almost since he was born but it's gotten worse. For the last day or two he does it during almost every feeding. I almost have to fight with him to get back on and eat and eventually he does but it's so stressful for both of us! Any advice????

Default Re: Baby keeps coming off breast as he eats...

are you finding it harder to hold him close as he is growing bigger?
    sometimes adding another pillow helps..

I'm noticing mine does that now and then, and it's during a time when I don't think he's growing very much... Have you tried the side lying position? That works great for us, and seems to help that. When I feed him while holding him he tends to come off the latch a lot, and we have to start over.

my son is doing the same thing since he is really young he keeps coming off the breast the only thing i found who really helps is - 1st to feed him when he is hungry meaning when he shows signs of hunger and 2nd is to express some milk in his mouth at the beginning of the feeding makes him know that there is milk there waiting for him ....
    hope this is helpfull

mom of a 4months and a half old son who still loves mommy's milk !

Are you sure it doesn't mean that he's full?
    I kept putting my DD back onto the breast too, until I found out I was overfeeding her! She had gained 2 1/2 ounces per day! My lactation consultant told me that when she lets go of the breast the first time, she's done.