Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green Poops

Default Green Poops

Hello All..I am a new Momma. My son is 6 weeks old today. Little Frank has been pooping greeen now for about 2weeks. (approx) I understand that it is due to him receiving more foremilk than hindmilk. How do i get him to nurse more out of the breast to get that hindmilk? He nurses for about 10-15min on the breast then fusses and i burp him..he (mist times) then poops as well. I will try to put him back on the same breast to lethim finish and he doesnt want it. I will go change him...try again, again no, then put him on the other breast and he eats for another good 5-10 min. (most times) Other times he will be done after the first breast.
    I am consistant to going back to the last breast he fed on especially if he didnt empty.
    What else can i do to get him back to yellow poops? I am not eating dairy...maybe once a week it sneaks into my diet.
    If anyone has any suggestions they would be appriciated.

Thanks!!

Love my Hubby and my new baby!!

Default Re: Green Poops

Looking for comments:
    Should i go back to block feeding? 2 feedings per breast before switching sides? He seems fine for the most part...but what if he's not getting what he needs?
    Thanks!!

If you still have oversupply, I'd go back to block feeding. Aside from green poo, what signs of oversupply are you seeing? It's quite possible that the green poo isn't due to oversupply but to the dairy/hidden dairy in your diet- it takes time for an elimination diet to really work, and even more time if you have been slipping up and seeing dairy sneak back onto your plate.

Hang in there, Mama!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    If you still have oversupply, I'd go back to block feeding. Aside from green poo, what signs of oversupply are you seeing? It's quite possible that the green poo isn't due to oversupply but to the dairy/hidden dairy in your diet- it takes time for an elimination diet to really work, and even more time if you have been slipping up and seeing dairy sneak back onto your plate.

Hang in there, Mama!
    If you suspect a dairy intolerance you need to be completely 100% dairy free. That includes any whey that might be in unsuspecting products like crackers and cereals. And it could take more than a month for it to leave your system entirely.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn