Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: **NEW** HELP PLEASE!!

Default **NEW** HELP PLEASE!!

Hi I am new to board,

I have a 9 week old that is nursing well and gaining good weight. I on the otherhand have had 2 yeast infections and tons of clogged duct. I know I have oversupply of milk with fast let down.
    Right now I have a breast infection with a clogged duct the size of a golf ball. I massage , warm baths, hot pads and pump.
    Please help me what am I doing wrong. I want so bad to nurse but this is bringing me down. Not to mention I got these sharp shooting pains every once in a while through the day.
    I block feed with her. I pump at night if she sleeps for a long period of time.
    Recently I have not been able to pump hardly anything could this be the clogged duct?
    Is my baby getting enough milk if I have this clogged duct?

I just sarted lecithin. Hope it works.
    I massage until I hurt and nothing. How long have you had a clogged duct before it left?

Please I need to hear your input and experience.

Thanks, Bonremy

Default Re: **NEW** HELP PLEASE!!

Nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse!!!

Your LO will help to unplug it better than any pump. Sounds like you're doing all the right things with the massaging, hot baths and lecithin etc. One thing that helped me was putting a wet facecloth in the microwave for 30 seconds, then putting it in a zip lock baggie and placing it on the clogged area for 5 or so minutes before I nursed baby H. Are you massaging WHILE your LO nurses? That should get things moving too.

Good luck!!
    I'm Rhianon.

Married to Seth on June 9th, 2007

Mama to my beautiful Birth Center boys:
    Hudson born May 7th, 2010. My 10lb chunk.
    Wyatt born June 5th 2012. My 9.1lb "little" guy.

I love Jesus. I wish I were a ballerina. I’m always cold. My wonderful husband and I are about as opposite as you can get. but I love him more than I could express. I don’t have the best memory in the world, but I can quote F.R.I.E.N.D.S at you all day long. My favorite color is blue.

Are you massaging while you are in a hot shower??

Way too lazy for formula

I do massage while in shower that is where I get the most progress.
    If I nurse nurse on that side how do I manage the other side so that my milk supply doesn't go low?
    Also I have been pumping and I feel I am not getting enough milk to come out.
    When I pump the side with the clogged duct I get nothing.

I sure hope my LO is getting enough milk. I am so concerned she isn't that I am calling the doc. to make sure she is still gaining the weight she was.

Bonremy

If I nurse nurse on that side how do I manage the other side so that my milk supply doesn't go low?
    As long as diaper output remains normal (reference) and you feed on demand, you don't need to worry about supply. You can just trust your baby and your body.

Also I have been pumping and I feel I am not getting enough milk to come out.
    When I pump the side with the clogged duct I get nothing.
    If you have oversupply, you don't want to be pumping! It just perpetuates or exacerbates the problem. The more you demand from your body, the more it will make. And oversupply can increase your risk of plugged ducts and even mastitis.

That being said, how much are you getting when you pump? This link tells you what you should expect: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html

I sure hope my LO is getting enough milk. I am so concerned she isn't that I am calling the doc. to make sure she is still gaining the weight she was.
    Again, watch her diaper output! As long as it is normal, there's no reason to worry. Just focus on trying to get the plug to release.

If you haven't checked it out already this link has a lot of suggestions for getting rid of plugs.

I also massage with the flat end of my electric toothbrush and take the homeopathic remedy phytolacca (mentioned here and suggested by a mama I know).