Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightweaning

Default Re: Nightweaning

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    I know. I guess I'm just anticipating it being so much harder because of her personality.
    Divas. Plus Daniel took a binky, and Lucy doesn't. And if I remember rightly, Dan helped like 5% of the time with Daniel at night. And he helps about 0.05% of the time with Lucy. She is a boob monster.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    Divas. Plus Daniel took a binky, and Lucy doesn't. And if I remember rightly, Dan helped like 5% of the time with Daniel at night. And he helps about 0.05% of the time with Lucy. She is a boob monster.
    WSS.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Yeah, no way would Grace have ever gone for it. That's why I was so shocked when I caught myself telling her to go back to sleep and she simply whined "awwww!" and rolled back over and passed out. But obviously she was older then, and I only had one child to worry about parenting.

Yeah, I don't know if I can last til 3, but then again...

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Well, she was 26 or 28 mos. when she cut her last tooth and went to only waking once a night, if that gives you any more hope.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    Well, she was 26 or 28 mos. when she cut her last tooth and went to only waking once a night, if that gives you any more hope.
    It actually makes me feel a bit hopeless. Cause mine cut her last teeth about a month ago. And she still sleeps like crap.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

It actually makes me feel a bit hopeless. Cause mine cut her last teeth about a month ago. And she still sleeps like crap.
    DS has been weaned from the boob since 11 months. Well he was day weaned at 9 months when the milk ran out. He kept night nursing for 2 more months. And we didn't get rid of a night bottle until he was about 18 months . He still sleeps like crap and I keep a bottle of water by the bed just in case. He is 2.5.

I am pretty sure DD will be night weaned by the time she is five
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    THis gives me hope!

But I think this will be more what DS does
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Ladies, I just want to chime in and say that I bet you thought Daniel and K wouldn't handle it well before you tried it either. I never in a million years would have thought Nora would night wean. If I hadn't been pregnant I never would have even tried because I was so sure it that she wouldn't go for it. But when it came down to it and I HAD to try, it went so much better than I thought.
    Details? How did you do it? i think DS will freak if i try!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*namaste View Post
    Details? How did you do it? i think DS will freak if i try!
    I did the Jay Gordon method, but on my own time line. We stayed at the 'nurse until they are almost asleep and then unlatch them' stage for about a month. I also replaced nursing with other types of things- back scratches, foot rubs, songs, stories. There were tears, I'm not saying it was easy, but it was easier than I thought it would be. And really if it hadn't been absolutely necessary I don't know that I would have had the mental stamina to stick to it and cuddle her through the tears instead of just giving in and nursing her.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous