Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightweaning

Default Nightweaning

Has anyone not bothered to? What's been your experience? I'm so tired and Lulu has not seemed to slow down at all. She's being crying and asking to nurse foe 30mins and I feel like if I give in now, she won't give it up. But then I think, "would that bee so bad?" I'm so torn and so tired. She barely eats any solids so it's all me and I'm drained. Can anyone share their non-nightweaning experience? Please? So I know it didn't kill you?

ETA: I broke down and nursed her. I'm an evil wretch and she's not done with her eyeteeth yet. I'm resentful, tired and angry.
    Last edited by @llli*mothersky; December 3rd, 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Default Re: Nightweaning

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    Has anyone not bothered to? What's been your experience? I'm so tired and Lulu has not seemed to slow down at all. She's being crying and asking to nurse foe 30mins and I feel like if I give in now, she won't give it up. But then I think, "would that bee so bad?" I'm so torn and so tired. She barely eats any solids so it's all me and I'm drained. Can anyone share their non-nightweaning experience? Please? So I know it didn't kill you?

ETA: I broke down and nursed her. I'm an evil wretch and she's not done with her eyeteeth yet. I'm resentful, tired and angry.
    How old is your LO? mine just turned 2 and i've been going through this as well! on one hand i am ready for him to night wean and start becoming more independent when it comes to sleep, but on the other hand i know that this too shall pass and that he will not be a baby for much longer then i start feeling guilty and begin to doubt my motivations. and then i overthink everything and then don't have a clue what i want or what WE need! I have a thread going in the sleep or lack of it forum going right now about this dilemma, and because i don't feel 100% ready, and because my LO has been sick on and off with colds for a month now, I'm not going to pursue it as of yet.

I can say that every time I have thought that I am at my limit, becoming so angry and resentful, i almost instantly would realize something was going on with DS (like how you realized your LOs eye teeth are coming in). THen i would return to trying to be sympathetic and nuturing and ya know what, THINGS WOULD ALWAYS BEGIN TO GET BETTER once i got my patience back in check
    DO you cosleep? i drove myself absolutely CRAZY for the first 14 months of DS's life using a crib in a seperate room. Finally i tried cosleeping and it was heaven!!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Hi Alayna. Yes, we do cosleep. Lulu's 20mo and nurses all the time. I also realize that there's a lot going on with me too so it's not just her. I nightweaned my DD1 at about 18mos. I didn't remember it being this hard but I also worked so the demand on my time wasn't as great. I guess I'll just keep on trucking in the hopes that we will both balance out.

"Don't toush da mango"

I sort of did, but didn't, nightwean. I never could do it while she was teething, because she was such a miserable teether. But once she got her last tooth, it was like a switch flipped in her. She gave up her bink on her own (she'd only really chewed on it where her teeth were coming in for ages) and she went from waking about half a dozen times a night to once a night. That was such a relief, that I think she was around 3 before I finally cut her off at night. And that I didn't really do consciously, if that makes sense. I would just catch myself half asleep in the middle of the night telling her to go back to sleep when she would wake up wanting to nurse. But we have always co-slept, so that was easier to do when she still had me with her, even if she wasn't getting the boob. After a few times of that, she just decided on her own that it wasn't worth it to ask anymore, I guess. But it was so simple and natural, it didn't really feel like I was pushing anything, if that makes sense. But yeah, back when she was teething, I hated life.

Kelly, this is sounding like how we may go. E has a hard time teething. She is working on two year molars but must have a reprieve because recently she has been only waking once if even that. She actually slept until 4:30 a few nights in a row and only stirred because I got up to let the puppy out. By three I want E to night wean on her own.

Prior to two years E woke all.the.time. I was so tired and burned out. Much better now.

I tried it fora while but it never worked. What happened was just an overall slow down so it got easier. Also mike started doing bedtime when max was about two so that helped, that was also when he started sttn. Of course he still nurses but it's more manageable now.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Might I suggest getting knocked up
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Prior to two years E woke all.the.time. I was so tired and burned out. Much better now.
    This is me no. And she kept waking up last night saying "nursss". I traumatized the poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Might I suggest getting knocked up
    I'll knock you up! Wait, already done.

"Don't toush da mango"

LOL

I had fantasies of getting pg when sarah was that age.

its flu season just keep takeing deep breaths and try and recharge yourself.

Sarah didn't night wean untill she dropped the day time nap...

and now that she is 7 she still comes in our room at 3 am maybe 5 our of 7 nights. So night weaning doesn't always mean more sleep.

IS she in her own bed? at least starting there? Sometimes that helps them get a longer stretch of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post
    LOL

I had fantasies of getting pg when sarah was that age.

its flu season just keep takeing deep breaths and try and recharge yourself.

Sarah didn't night wean untill she dropped the day time nap...

and now that she is 7 she still comes in our room at 3 am maybe 5 our of 7 nights. So night weaning doesn't always mean more sleep.

IS she in her own bed? at least starting there? Sometimes that helps them get a longer stretch of sleep.
    I'll try to remember the bolded to get me through.

I have zero hopes of her sttn. K still comes in. I just want a longer stretch. The longest I get is 2 hours and g-d forbid I try to do something away from her in that two hours.

I want to move her in with K, but I feel like she will keep K up.

"Don't toush da mango"