Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: a "chicken or egg" question

Default a "chicken or egg" question

How do we know if my supply dropped because of the reappearance of AF yesterday (BOO), or a supply drop caused AF to return?

In the past 2 weeks, we've had some awful teething (fingers are always being chewed vigorously), a yucky cold, and some routine disruptions. She hasn't been nursing as much, nor eating as much solids. We just really started solids around a year, by this I mean a few cheerios, a chunk of apple, etc. She is not replacing nursing with more food, in fact all but two cheerios were on the floor this morning.

I doubt she's self weaning, right? She is 13.5 months. We did just switch to all night bedsharing, but I doubt she's nursing so much at night that she's not nursing as much during the day, or is she? I like that I can let her nurse without having to get up/wakeup all the way, but kinda wish I could keep better track of it. Hmm....

I need to go, and this is probably going to suffer from a lack of editing. LMK if it doesn't make sense or isn't clear.

For those of you who did get a bigggg supply drop with AF, how long does it take to bounce back? This drop is scary!
    Mommy to Claire , born 10-15-09 with no meds! (Other than Tums...)
    Love our unbleached prefolds!
    Moms Noms are the best!

Default Re: a "chicken or egg" question

AF is a pain in the butt. It's been my experience that the supply drop only lasts a couple of days.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989