Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your toddler get 1000 calories a day?

Default Re: Does your toddler get 1000 calories a day?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    So, I never actually worked it out for DS (I don't think he got enough though) and we were in the same situation you are.

Have you thought about eggs and nuts (I see no peanuts from your siggy, but treenuts maybe)?
    Granola type cereals have fat in them.
    Is he not a meat eater, or are you just not yet offering much? I have quasi-carnivorous children so it isn't an issue for me there.

The other thought is smoothies - vitamins and fat. I am about to start these for the big one so glad you asked - it made me search
    He used to eat eggs but won't anymore. I have tried.. fried, omlets w cheese, hard boiled. Refuses. Spits them out. NUts we are getting started with... my dd had a peanut allergy but just passed her oral challenge so we have nuts and peanuts back in the house again. We are going slow with peanuts in case ds shows issues but so far so good.... he eats sunbutter. I don't feel comfortable giving him actual nuts as I worry about choking.
    He does eat meat... but super small portions. He had beef and broccoli stiry fry last night- MAYBE 1/4 cup total. Maybe. He eats all natural turkey lunch meat but I think thats fat free... all natural hot dogs have fat.. sometimes he eats sausage for breakfast. And we do smoothies with flax seed oil... its just his portions are so small that when you add it all up it can't be that much.
    For instance he just had cereal and milk for breakfast and I put maybe 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl and half of it is still there. He ate maybe 8-9 baby spoonfuls.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Default Re: Does your toddler get 1000 calories a day?

On the other hand.... Hubby bought more sausage yesterday. ( all natural Jones sausage links) He eats 2-3 of them at breakfast a few days a week. And I just checked the box and there is 24g per 3 links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So even if he ate 2 of them thats 16 g of fat and like 166 calories.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!