Re: short nipples; large breasts
Thanks for bumping- the holiday weekend means that a lot of posts didn't get the attention they deserve!
1. Give it time. Bigger baby = bigger mouth = deeper latch
Any other short nipples out there? Any tips?
2. Search this forum/google "breast sandwich" or "nipple sandwich"- it's a technique that can help a baby get a deeper latch
3. Nipple shield- I wouldn't use this unless you're desperate:
1. Well-stuffed diaper bag can double as a nursing pillow, so put extra blankets in yours
Any tips for large breasted women feeding in public?
2. Give it time- a bigger baby can latch on w/ less assistance
3. Invest in some nursing shirts or a nursing cover (I'd definitely get the shirts!)
4. Practice in front of a mirror to get a sense of what you're really exposing
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"