Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with advice

Default Re: Dealing with advice

I would say, wow that is great that worked for them, but for our baby I am going by the pedi reccomendations of not introducing solids until after the first half year of life, etc...
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

My blood pressure is rising as I read your post!

Fortunately my husband is totally on board with me, but the advise and intrusion on privacy just angers me so.

I've gotten the "feed her cereal", "she should sleep through the night", "you're spoiling her", "you need to start formula when you go back to work", "you won't produce enough milk when she gets older"

I just want to say "SHUT YOUR IGNORANT FACE HOLE", but that would not be very Christian.

I realize that others just didn't have the resources available to educate themselves on breastfeeding like our fortunate generation does.
    They mean well, they are just in the dark.

I have started responding with, "You know there is so much more information and resources for breastfeeding nowadays - I am learning and using all I can. As a result we are doing.....this or that."
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wilsonduo97 View Post

I just want to say "SHUT YOUR IGNORANT FACE HOLE"
    I may have to use that one myself.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I may have to use that one myself.
    Me too, I am a big fan of face hole or pie hole, but I don't picture that going well with my MIL.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Exclamation Re: Dealing with advice

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ttistin View Post
    I usually end up sleeping down stairs on the couch. It is so much more comfortable for me to bf. I cosleep with lo so we cuddle up on couch
    You might already know this, but sleeping with a baby on a couch is a SIDS risk

'Bedsharing is another form of cosleeping which can be made either safe or unsafe, but it is not intrinsically one nor the other. Couch or sofa cosleeping is, however, intrinsically dangerous as babies can and do all too easily get pushed against the back of the couch by the adult, or flipped face down in the pillows, to suffocate.' --Dr James McKenna PhD, Cosleeping and Biological Imperatives: Why Human Babies Do Not and Should Not Sleep Alone. Published in many places online but found here at
    http://www.naturalchild.org/james_mc...iological.html

Dr McKenna is one of the world's leading experts and proponents of co-sleeping and bedsharing, and head of the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at U-Notre Dame.
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

I am working on the side lying in bed. It is hard to get him to latch on good, but we are getting a little better. I tried the side lying before but couldn't get it so I figured I would have to wait till he was bigger, glad I tried it again. It is nice to sleep in my bed again lol

This is our 4th child together, I tried to bf my dd (9 years ago) but it only lasted a very short time. Maybe a couple weeks. Dh is on board with me bf'ing. He knows it is better for lo. He is gaining weight great and seems to be growing a little bigger everyday. He is already wearing some 3-6 month outfits.

That is another one dh was told, he had mentioned I am feeding every 2 hours and he was told I need to give bottles cause there is no way I will make enough milk. LOL I told dh it is supply and demand. The more Tanner eats the more I make. He is getting plenty to eat.

After our talk the other day dh is a little more understanding as to why I got upset with all the advise. I like the "SHUT YOUR IGNORANT FACE HOLE" I may have to use it
    Mommy to

Tristian 12 (9-11-98)
    Tyler 10 (1/28/00)
    Tori 9 (10/30/01)
    Tanner (10/26/10)

I just wanted to say that advice veiled in criticism isn't advice, it's judgment.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    I just wanted to say that advice veiled in criticism isn't advice, it's judgment.
    True.

Of course I do not need to prove myself to anyone, I am doing what I feel is best for my child and they can judge me all they want. This includes family.
    Mommy to

Tristian 12 (9-11-98)
    Tyler 10 (1/28/00)
    Tori 9 (10/30/01)
    Tanner (10/26/10)