Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh shoot! I think I see baby bottle mouth...

Default Re: Oh shoot! I think I see baby bottle mouth...

Are you weaning-weaning? I know you're day weaned. Will you still nurse him to sleep at night?

Just curious.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Well, weaning is such a subjective word isn't it?

We have been pretty much day weaned for quite a while now but we still nurse at nap time and bedtime. The bulk of our nursing was at night though much to my dismay but I just knew this was something he needed to hold onto for a bit longer.

So now we're basicly down to morning, nap and bedtime and that's it. Still 3 times a day I guess but the night sessions were somewhere around 3-6 a night which was hard for me. Major step for us to just drop all of those and I didn't know what to expect but the last 3 nights have been fine. We'll see if he starts to realize this is permenant and then start to freak.

I figure that we'll drop the rest of them when he goes to preschool next fall.

You guys are weaning-weaning right?
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

This worries me. Joe still nurses a TON at night. I try to brush his teeth and all, but we know that's not easy with a toddler. A friend of mine who night-nurses, her baby got bad cavities and she had to nightwean, so I'm worried. My own research is not clearcut on the whole nightnursing bottle mouth thing. I'm so glad yours just turned out to be staining though!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I don't know about it either. Both my sons co-slept and night nursed and neither have cavities. I think Tracie explained that the milk doesn't touch the front teeth and I know that bfing doesn't pool the milk around the teeth like bottles do. But still that doesn't keep the back teeth from getting milk on them all night. I don't know either. Hopefully you guys don't get any decay!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*proudmamaof3 View Post
    You guys are weaning-weaning right?
    Yep.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

dude. I just got 7.5 hours of sleep last night! I am so happy, I woke up this morning and realized that I hadn't been up at all. AT ALL! Please please please weaning gods please let this continue. I am so over tired getting sleep is just making me realize how much I need it!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF

Nice to hear you were able to get rest. Enjoy it!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Thank you. It's been almost 3 years of commitment to child led weaning a kid who loves to snack all night long. I love him but this momma is ready for some rest. It feels so good to know he's making the transition easily, really underlines the fact that he's ready to let go. I know he needed them before and I'm glad I held on for him.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF