Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Toddler reverse cycling

Default Toddler reverse cycling

Tips to reverse "reverse cycling" in a toddler?

My 14.5 mo old is nursing MORE at night than he had been a couple weeks ago. Has all teeth except 2nd molars. Recently stopped sending EBM to preschool but he hadn't been drinking it anyways. DH trying to help at night but baby just wants to nurse. We're all exhausted. I don't mind nursing one or two times overnight but this is non-stop.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Default Re: Toddler reverse cycling

I'm sorry Lynn. I don't have any answers. Lilah was doing that at his age too, but it got a little better a few weeks/months(?) later. Do you think he's about to have a language explosion?

Also, do you think you could split the night in half and let him sleep with DH somewhere while you get some sleep? Or does he freak out too much if DH tends to him?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Lynn I don't have any advice sorry but it sounds horrible to me!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

sarah did this too at that age.

the best advice I can give is to take a nap too if your able.

I used to go to bed when hubby got home from work at 4 and sleep like 4-6 untill supper was done.

Mine is doing that too. Its exhuasting. He want to nurse all.flippin.night. I am too tired to do anything but pop a boob in, but I can't sleep while he is nursing... I don't have tips. Just sympathy.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

Lynn, DS2 is making me crazy by wanting to nurse all night too. It isn't just at night it is all the time. I'm exhausted. He doesn't want DH, he only wants me. I have too much going on between school and work and everything else the Air Force expects of me to get anymore sleep. It sucks.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

We are there most nights too. But DD has only 8 teeth, so I figured that was what was happening. Based on all our kids being the same age and doing the same thing maybe we just need to wait it out
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

DH is a superstar at trying to help. He is up with DS2 many many times each night trying to let me get more sleep. Baby is very clear at signing what he wants. DH will try to get him some water and baby says no then signs milk over and over.

I'm starting to dread night time. I know I should try to go to sleep early but it also feels like why bother.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    DH is a superstar at trying to help. He is up with DS2 many many times each night trying to let me get more sleep. Baby is very clear at signing what he wants. DH will try to get him some water and baby says no then signs milk over and over.

I'm starting to dread night time. I know I should try to go to sleep early but it also feels like why bother.
    My DH is awesome at trying to help too, but it just seems pointless to even ask anymore. His new job is just to put up with my muttering and cursing in the middle of the night.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

yup it was pointless for hubby to even try with the last too...
    they would quickly become a hot mess... so what we did was he too over shopping and dinner fixing.