Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think it's official.

Default Re: I think it's official.

So sweet Colleen! Congrats on making it 18 months! Ethan became a total cuddlebug as well after I weaned him.
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

You have given him the best start at life. 18 months of your gold milk. Someday he will love to see those precious pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Oh Colleen. It made me tear up to read your story and see your lovely pics. I'm so happy that Silas weaned on his own terms and thar you were able to make it 18 months. That's truly awesome. And soon he will have little Lola Plum to love too.

What sweet pictures. Congrats on making it to this point
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    First time mommy to William Landon - my monkey man born 1-29-10

We all love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Oh Colleen. It made me tear up to read your story and see your lovely pics. I'm so happy that Silas weaned on his own terms and thar you were able to make it 18 months. That's truly awesome. And soon he will have little Lola Plum to love too.
    You (Hilary and Mommal) had an amazingly huge hand in getting us over those early struggles Beth. I will always be so so so grateful to you for that.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

OMG Colleen I can't believe I barely saw your thread! In all fairness, you started it when I was out of town without internet
    That picture made me tear up! 18 mths is still a long time mama, he's just decided that there's bigger and better things to do with mom & dad! You'll have a LO soon to start from scratch and wish you were done!
    I thought Alyssa was weaning, and at first I was relieved, but then I was sad thinking it had all come to an end...and then she picked up on it again
    Don't get sad mama, be proud that little Silas feels comforted and secure enough to let go letting you know that you've done a wonderful job always providing him with comfort, nurture, love, trust and security
    He's graduated to becoming the best big brother (soon!) you could have ever imaged!!!!
    So is it going to take me getting prego for Alyssa to wean??? God I hope not!
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...