Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think it's official.

Default I think it's official.

We're done. I can't remember the last time Silas nursed but I know it was over a week and a half ago. He was sick yesterday and today and I tried to nurse him and it seems he has forgotton how already. He placed his mouth on my nipple and then looked at me and giggled. Like he knew that he was supposed to do something but he couldn't remember what. My milk has been gone for some time now. I never refused him, he just stopped asking or wanting. Even when I offered. It's so bittersweet. I miss it already. He's become quite the cuddle bug though especially at night. He sleeps being held by DH or me. All night long. He's a spooner If we get seperated it's only a matter of minutes before he rolls back into one of our nooks and goes back to sleep. I'll take it.
    So here's to 18 months nursing! I would have loved to nurse him until 2 but that's ok too. I know there were many times I might have given up if it hadn't been for all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Because of the support I received here, I was able to give my son the nourishment and comfort that he deserved. I will always be grateful to all of you for that.

Here's one of my favorite pics of us.
    Step away daddy, this is MINE.

and this one. he fell asleep nursing almost everytime until he was 11 months old.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Angry Re: I think it's official.

beautiful story Colleen and what an acomplishment! Silas is making way for his sister LP, and still being close to you and DH, very sweet.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: I think it's official.

Congratulations on 18 months of nursing Colleen.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

and congratulations!

It is bittersweet to wean and "lose" that relationship, but IME there are lots of opportunities to develop new special ways to bond and have snuggles. My 4 yo is still a total snuggle bug and loves nothing more to have "mommy time".
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

very sweet Colleen.

DS became even more snuggly after he weaned too. made mama feel soo much better.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Awe.... Look at little baby Silas. What a big strong boy he has grown to be because of you mama!!!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

What sweet pics! Silas is just the cutest baby!! Of course you know that
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Omg!!!!!!! Congrats momma, I didn't even know he was that close to weaning. 18 months is awesome.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Awww...thanks for sharing! 18 months is awesome!
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

Thanks mamas. I am still kind of sad about it, but it's getting better.

Lisa, I didn't either and then day I just realized it had been a long time since we had nursed. It took me by surprise even though I knew it was possible because he was dropping sessions left and right after my milk dried up. Somehow I thought he'd hang on to one. It's the weirdest feeling.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together