Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dysphoric milk ejection reflex

Default Re: Dysphoric milk ejection reflex

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post
    Pumping, indeed, sucks.
    I didn't think so. I wanted to do it. It actually took me quite by surprise. I never had anxiety so I didn't know what that looked like. I described it as a feeling of Melancholy. Overwhelming. Hopelessness. It was very surprising to me. And when I spoke to my doctors and nurses and LC's no one had a name for it.

Way too lazy for formula

I hate pumping. Hate it. But I've done it for almost 10 months now. Now i wonder if my hatred stems from the ugly feelings it gives me.
    Last edited by @llli*yoginimama; February 15th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

How interesting. I've never heard of this, and don't think I've experienced it.

You know, I know this isn't the topic of this thread, but I wanted to chime in on the pumping. I didn't hate pumping at work and don't think I will this time either. The letdowns in the middle of the day when away from baby made me think of her and made me feel connected. Pumping milk for her made me feel connected. Leaving my milk with her made me feel connected.

What does make me sad is pumping now to get ready to leave my new baby. But pumping at work probably won't make me sad, or any sadder than being at work and away from my sweet baby will.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    I didn't think so. I wanted to do it. It actually took me quite by surprise. I never had anxiety so I didn't know what that looked like. I described it as a feeling of Melancholy. Overwhelming. Hopelessness. It was very surprising to me. And when I spoke to my doctors and nurses and LC's no one had a name for it.
    Exactly.

I had it with D, and then I paid more attention to it with L, and I had it in the beginning, then again at 6 months, and then it comes and goes but not often.

www.d-mer.org

Mine was really bad when I was stressed or trying to do too many things at once. I had to distract myself though. I don't recall ever experiencing it at night, but I had never realized that until the other LLLadies mentioned it.
    Last edited by @llli*danlynclark; February 16th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I've read recently on another board that a few EPing moms have it. It doesn't seem common, perhaps less common than BFing moms. The EPing moms who experienced it all seemed to be moms who never BF but only pumped, so it does not seem to be associated with the baby; it's got to be some hormonal thing.

I don't have it, probably because I really don't seem to get the hormonal rushes, but I have sadness associated with pulling out that stupid pump every 2 hours.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

bump
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!