Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weaning...

Default Re: Weaning...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Tonight went so well! It seems like every time I start to doubt myself, it turns around. We always have a lot of drama when DH unbuckles her car seat and then she starts whining to nurse. We decided ahead of time that I would get her out of her car seat and she and I would do Daddy's chore (getting the mail) and he would do our chore (letting the dogs outside). She thought it was so funny that I was getting her out of her seat - DH even got something out of the backseat and then shut the door on her.

She didn't ask to nurse at all this evening. I am amazed.
    That's great!! Yep, changing up the routine on her might distract her enough to forget about asking to nurse. Kids are so much more adaptable than we think they will be!! Well, at least my kids are.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Yes, they really are adaptable. I'm not happy that she's asking to watch cartoons constantly now, but that's a little easier for me to head off than nursing because I don't have any emotional tie to cartoons.

I picked up some dollar store junk this morning (Tinkerbell mirror & comb are going to be a big hit!) and am going to get some paint brushes this evening on the way to pick her up. I would really prefer to replace our after work nursing with some quiet activity that she and I can do together and she really liked the craft box... it is just an odd mix of things so I'm supplementing it.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I'm glad you are both doing ok!!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Lilah hasn't nursed since last Wednesday and the last two days has been fine with cuddling instead of nursing. She only asked once today... and in fact has only really asked once a day the past few days. Not at all when waking or feeling whiney tired.

Who knew it could be that easy?? Her biggest nursing trigger is after day care, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow night. It wasn't too bad last week, so I don't think it will be a problem this week.

I'm feeling mostly ok with it, although a little sad. But mostly relief. The nursing was getting to be so difficult.
    Tracie

Mommy to

Congrats on making it 2 years! I felt the same way you did about nursing DS a few months ago. Surprisingly, the weaning process went better than I thought it would because he seemed so attached to nursing to sleep. Very little tears. Now, he's a total cuddlebug.

So glad the weaning process is going well for you!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Thanks Anna.
    Tracie

Mommy to

I'm so glad it went easier than you expected. She may still ask to nurse here and there, but it sounds like she's definitely on her way to being done. I'm glad you are feeling good about how things went. I'm sure it's a relief.

You've done such a wonderful thing for her and given her such an amazing gift to nurse her as long as you have. Good job, mama.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    You've done such a wonderful thing for her and given her such an amazing gift to nurse her as long as you have. Good job, mama.
    Well done mama. 2 years nursing is amazing.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Well done mama. 2 years nursing is amazing.
    Great job on 2 years of nursing and on a gentle weaning!

Just think, soon you'll get to start the process all over with your new nursling.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.