Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Unweaning oneself

Default Unweaning oneself

DS was weaned at 27 months when I went on bedrest. The twins should be here in a month or so and i'm wondering what the odds are that DS will want to try nursing again. He almost never asks
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

Default Re: Unweaning oneself

I'm Beth-
    Mama to L (7/14/09) and B (6/27/11).

Anybody experienced this?

I think the moms I know whose babies weaned entirely during pregnancy stayed weaned, but the ones who had cut back but were still nursing went crazy for the new abundance of milk and nursed a LOT.

Let us know how it goes for you!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

DD1 was 27 mths when she stopped and DD2 was born 3 mths later, she never started again and she did ask but did not remember how to latch on. She has asked many times over the last year and its like a game, she never even puts her mouth on it. I was kind of hoping for it and maybe if I had pushed her to try and bit more but I am glad that she stopped.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.