Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to become EP'er

Default How to become EP'er

I'm going back to work next Thursday . My work schedule is totally crazy (10 hour days with 30 min commute time each way). My hours change every week. Most weeks I would have to wake DD up extremely early to nurse so I could make it to work on time. I don't want to have to wake her if there is no need. Then I get home so late other weeks that she might already be sleeping. I'm wondering though is it possible to EP from now on? DD takes a bottle like a champ, so I have no worries there. But how do I even begin? How often should I pump? She will be 4 months on the 14th and nurses approx every 2-2.5 hours.

Default Re: How to become EP'er

Will she nurse at all when she's sleepy/sleeping? Every baby is different, but I am able to pick up DS2 when he's sleeping and he'll nurse and never open his eyes and go back down to sleep.

My schedule for the last 5 months has been pretty easy, but when I first went back to work I was working really long hours sometimes, and it didn't make an EPer out of me. DS2 wouldn't take a bottle very well, so he would sleep with me and nurse all night and not eat a whole lot during the day. Is cosleeping out of the question for you?

DS2 would also nurse a ton on weekends too. How long is your work week?
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Default Re: How to become EP'er

When I first went back to work after I had DS I went back for 9.5 hr days with a 45 min each way commute. I am not kidding it was hard, but the nursing made it so much easier to be gone. I would dream nurse him before I left and pump a number of times at work and nurse nurse nurse after I got home. The days I was home we nursed all the time. I don't think I personally could have EPed. I HATE pumping.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.