Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 1 year EP'er!!!!

Default 1 year EP'er!!!!

I'm proud to say we've made it to 1 year on nothing but breastmilk! As everyone warns you it is hard in the beginning, but now it's hard to remember the night time feedings and hating to have to pump at 3am after feeding DD and putting her to bed. It all gets better after 12 weeks though.

As shocking as this sounds I'd choose to EP again. Next time around I'd hope to EBF for the first 12 weeks until I'd go back to work and then switch to EPing because that is what works with our lifestyle.

I am only pumping 2 times a day now and supplimenting with 8 ounces out of the freezer stash. I hope to keep it up until DD is fully transitioned to cow's milk, so I'll probably be pumping through the winter to give her some protection against the winter colds and viruses.

To all of you EPers out there lurking, it is possible! Keep it up, every little drop is a gift to your LO!
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Default Re: 1 year EP'er!!!!

Good job mama!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: 1 year EP'er!!!!

Congrats! So glad you found something that has worked for you!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"