Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Let down by my let down...hahaha!

Default Let down by my let down...hahaha!

I have a manual Lansinoh pump that I use when my DS only nurses on one side. He's become a bit unpredicatable the past 2 days. He was taking both sides and all of a sudden he just wants the one and he's happy at times. Other times he wants both, so pumping a nursing isn't really an option. (I did that yesterday and learned my lesson. He ended up wanting the side I pumped and was very frustrated by the slow flow. ) I can't get more than one let down with the pump when I'm just pumping. I'm concerned that it's going to affect my supply because one side gets so full at times and I just can't get enough out. How can I get the let down? I have the baby there with me and it just won't happen.
    SAHM to 3 amazing boys!
    DS1 5/3/04
    DS2 12/23/08
    DS3 9/10/10
    My 1st We also and 'cause he won't have it any other way!!

Default Re: Let down by my let down...hahaha!

I wanted a "just in case" stash but I'm really just pumping because he suddenly stopped taking both sides. I was worried that my supply would decrease if I didn't. I keep getting full but can't get it out with the pump. I thought these times would be a great opportunity to get some stored since I have none. Then, I could let it adjust.
    SAHM to 3 amazing boys!
    DS1 5/3/04
    DS2 12/23/08
    DS3 9/10/10
    My 1st We also and 'cause he won't have it any other way!!