Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dd weaned, hormones gone crazy! Help!

Default Re: Dd weaned, hormones gone crazy! Help!

these are excellent links-thanks sooo much!
    i'm feeling a bit better this week, dont' know if it's b/c i finally admitted DS is weaning or b/c he's nursed a few times in the last few days-either way, i know he's almost done-guess i'm grateful for a few more special nursings!!!!
    i'm going to try some of the herbal supplements and exercise to get some balance!!!

Happy Halloween to all of you!

I am (very) slowly feeling better. But, I still miss bf dd. She "bonked" her head yesterday pretty hard and started to scream, automatically I assumed bf position to comfort her, instead she put her little arms around my neck and laid her head on my shoulder... She calmed down and started playing again. Some habits are hard to break!

Thanks for being there!

knmama

I am seriously in tears right now. My daughter just turned 1 and I continue to breastfed her and want to until she goes to college (as another mama posted). I honestly, can't imagine stopping even though I know it will come one day. We are down to 3-4 feedings per day. I continue to go to her daycare during my lunch hour, even though I don't really think she needs it. How will I survive this? It seems dramatic to write but that is how it feels. But I know that I will, just like I've survived all of the other milestones she has met.
    I, and we, have been so blessed to have been able to do this for this long! NOne of my friends have ever made it to and past a year!
    I love this message board because it is so accepting and understanding!
    Good luck and happy mothering to you all!

My little one and I aren't totally weaned at 10 months but she is getting there and wanting to be more independent.
    Like wanting to use a cup more and getting frustrated when she can't get enough out of me. So I have to admit we do breast milk and formula.
    She is actually happier because of it. But I am with you since then I have started my period and cry at almost every night feeding.
    Every comment my mom makes, about what she thinks I should do with our baby I get so angry to the point of almost saying I don't want to be around you!!

Although I thought I was ready for this I am not sure. She has been attached to me since she has been inside me. I know she is giving me signs she is ready so I will nurture her readiness.

I don't have the extent of emotions you do but I certainly feel for you.
    Make sure you talk to your hubby about your emotions. I know that helps me.

I feel like when us BF mothers are finished BF our babies we should get some kind of award saying what a great path you have chosed for your baby, you have chosen to have a great bond, give your baby nutrients that they can only get from breast milk. You have nurtured every aspect of theri mind, body, soul and spirit. Good Job and thank you for offering your child instant gratification!!!!!

(NO one told me to BF no one told me to BF for a year I just felt like it was the only right way)

You all are wonderful mothers.

It amazes me that we all feel a degree of grieving once weaning starts and that not one book or person mentioned to me that this could happen. It wouldn't have changed any of the parenting choices I've made, but it would have prepared me.
    I am very glad that LLL has this forum so that we can come together and support each other on something that not many around us understand.

To AEDsMAMA; hang in there and let me know how you are doing. It always makes me feel better when I read of others who understand my emotions. I agree with you completely about how dramatic it seems to feel like we do. Love is very dramatic, we love our children passionately, but, in our day to day lives we are encouraged to act dramatically toward shoes, purses, perfumes and actors... well, I'm proud to be "Drama Queen Mama" and I may not cry over spilled milk, I cry because my milk won't spill anymore...

Ladies, you all help me have a brighter day! Thanks as always for being there!

knmama

just wanted to f/u and report that DS 20mos did not self wean-turns out it was a nursing strike and it's over he's back to nursing 1-3x/day and I am thrilled!!! i think the strike did prepare me, however, for the intense emotions that will occur when he weans, this was almost like an anticipatory wean-so i think i'll be more prepared when it really happens...i'll keep you all posted on our journey!

I'm chiming in late but I was very glad to see this post-- I stopped nursing right before Thanksgiving, so it's been about a week and a half now-- and I've been having hot flashes-- and migraines all week, varying in intensity. This morning I had one at 5 am that was so intense I couldn't move. Awful. Period late and feeling generally lousy. But I hadn't made the connection to stopping bfg!! I'd stopped so gradually so it never dawned on me that my body would need to adjust. How long can I expect the hormonal fluctuations to go on? Just curious...also, not sure who's going to see this post but I'd like to say THANKS to everyone on this site for helping me through the past months with bfg support, answering questions and more. I'm really grateful. My ds turned 1 on 11/2 and what a year!!

My dd weaned on 10/7/06 and that 1st month was a rollercoaster of hormones! After that it started to very slowly get better. I would say that I just now feel like myself again, almost 2 months after weaning. I find myself needing to check on this thread less and less every week.

You are absolutely correct about how great it's been to be able to count on this website for support!

knmama