Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Eating, Not Sleeping

Default Eating, Not Sleeping

DD2 is 12 weeks old today. I swear she's the amazing non-sleeping-baby. How can a 12 week old nurse, doze off, I put her down, she wakes sucks her thumb like crazy, nurse again, doze off, etc.... She's been up for 7 hours!! What on earth am I doing wrong here? DD1 is 2 years old and doesn't go 7 hours without napping.

DD2 has had 6 wet diapers today, so she's getting enough. I even gave her a nice warm bath and put on the sleepy time lotion which normally knocks her out. She's still up!

Any ideas?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Eating, Not Sleeping

No clue. But DS was like that. he 15 min cat napped a couple of times a day even as a newborn. He sleeps more now than he ever has and he gets 11hrs in a 2hr period on a very good day.

I will say that his asthma has played a part in his sleep issues (and his weight gain issues) but it was def. not the major factor. I was the same way and I didn't get asthma until my teens. My mom was also not much of a sleeper.

My advice really is the moby. A sleepless baby in a moby has much less of an impact on your life and not trying to put them down can help them sleep a little longer.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Good point - I have a K'Tan. I should break it out tomorrow.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

and

I had an epiphany last night. I've been digging into the Halloween candy. Maybe it was the added sugar in my diet? So today I'm going to cut out the sugar to see if it makes a difference.
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Weaned @ 15 months

and

Joe never slept much, even as a newborn. He was a very light sleeper, and took only short cat naps. He took his best naps in the Moby, carseat, or swing. He's still not much of a sleeper, and hardly naps. I think it's mostly a temperament thing.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.