Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething

Default Teething

My mom says she stopped breastfeeding both me and my brother once we had teeth. She said it was too painful. I told her I plan to breastfeed as long as DS wants to, and she said "Oh, just wait until he gets his teeth in!"

Obviously it's not that big of a deal if so many mommies keep BFing after LO gets teeth in. Is there any truth to what she says? Not that I would stop even if it did hurt, because I can't imagine it being any more painful than the pain I went through with improper latches, infections, etc. But I just want to hear from other moms what their experiences are/were with those pearly whites!

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

Default Re: Teething

Definitely some grazing w/ the 1st two and this last one(His 5th) But you just need to readjust the latch. MY baby will eagerly open his mouth WIDE if I pull out my breast. He still knows what that means!! He's so smart

Default Re: Teething

My DD was one of the easily distracted nursers for awhile. Then she got teeth and began biting me. That was at 7 months. Then she stopped and we had about two months of bliss. It was really nice. Now at 10 months she began biting me again. This has been going on over 2 weeks now. I was very sad. And still am. I began pumping and that is working fine but sometimes she still crawls up to me to nurse. I will nurse her but then she bites. I got those breast sheilds the other day. The first time I tried it she did fine but now she turns away from it. My DS used to bite me but then he stopped and I nursed him until he was 2. I don't know if I can do it this time with DD if she keeps biting me.

I had also heard about flicking when biten. And I was so desperate I tried it. It did not work and it just made her so upset. I was so mad at myself for even doing it. Now DS will even say "NO BITING" when I nurse her.