Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29 1/2 months and still no period..normal?

Default Re: 29 1/2 months and still no period..normal?

Pretty sure I'm not pregnant, as I haven't gained any weight but have lost weight and no other symptoms. The HPT was 2 weeks after intercourse so it should have been enough time. Guess I could take another one, though...

DD has an 8-hour stretch from nap to bedtime with no nursing. In fact, when she first started going that long, I figured AF would return, and it did briefly as I mentioned earlier. She still nurses about every 4 hours at night, though, and based on a PP's links to kellymom, night nursing increases prolactin more than daytime nursing, so this may be part of the issue.

You know, I should probably be HAPPY that AF hasn't returned full-force. Never liked her much anyway. I need to get a check-up, though, so I may ask them to check EVERYTHING just to be sure.
    Mommy to Baby K, born 5-13-08 after 30 hours of labor and a c-section

Pumped for 30 months

3 years of breastfeeding and counting!!!!

I'm a (breastfeeding) (vegetarian) mama!

Default Re: 29 1/2 months and still no period..normal?

Just thought I'd post a quick update on this. I still don't have my period but I ovulated the day after I posted this, so AF isn't too far behind. Go figure. I must've known "somehow." Thanks for everyone's responses!
    Mommy to Baby K, born 5-13-08 after 30 hours of labor and a c-section

Pumped for 30 months

3 years of breastfeeding and counting!!!!

I'm a (breastfeeding) (vegetarian) mama!