Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sleep association

Default Re: sleep association

In a 24 hr period - he has 4 feeds after midnight until 7am, during the day he had a good feed at 9am, then at 11am, 1pm, then was awake 1.30pm until 5pm this is where it all turns ugly ...I can't really say he had a feed, but grazed for 10-15mins every 30 mins trying to catch his sleep as he wants to suckle the breast to go to sleep. It didn't happen and he has now fallen asleep because he is exhausted.

He will take 2 more feeds before midnight tonight...so definitely 9 take place without the messy period.

Today he didn't have very wet diapers.

During his day sleep he re-awakens constantly for many reasons...reflex movements, bowel movements, wind, hiccups, sneezing etc....he doesn't sleep through anything!

I haven't swaddled him, where I live it isn't a common practice (living in a another country then my native country).

He has a long awake period in the afternoons...this seems to be his fussy times.

It takes him 1hr-1.5 hrs to feed.

Maximum sleep time during the day is 2hrs and this is mostly his morning sleeps.

There is little time that he is awake and not feeding, but today we played for 30mins in the morning together which was wonderful

Default Re: sleep association

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*designerfish View Post
    then was awake 1.30pm until 5pm this is where it all turns ugly ...I can't really say he had a feed, but grazed for 10-15mins every 30 mins trying to catch his sleep as he wants to suckle the breast to go to sleep. It didn't happen and he has now fallen asleep because he is exhausted.
    This sounds very normal: link on cluster feeding and fussy evenings.

Today he didn't have very wet diapers.
    As long as he is having enough in a 24-hour period, things are okay. But it's great that you're keeping an eye on things!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"