Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water questions

Default Re: Water questions

Thank you mamas for your advice/opinions. I appreciate them all, even though what Joe's mom and Krystine said spoke to me the most. I've been offering her sips of water from my cup a couple times during the day. She likes it despite not actually drinking much.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Your child has NEVER drank water? Really?
    Yup. At the time of the OP. Only broths, soups and herbal teas (when sick) as far as liquids other than BM go. No plain water yet.

I guess I don't understand what the problem is with introducing water at a year?
    I don't see any, either.
    In the OP I was saying I didn't see the REAL need. I can see when DD nurses shortly after a solid meal, she usu. nurses for a very short time, and I assume she wants only the foremilk to ease her thirst. It is fine with me and gives her some extra calories (she's small) and other good stuff from BM.
    But I agree that it's fun and is a whole new experience/activity for DD, and that I should at least offer and let her decide whether she needs to actually take in any.
    Last edited by @llli*irismom; November 8th, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

I'm just surprised (based on my kid) that your baby hasn't drank any bath water. We actually had to change Lilah's bathtime to earlier in the day so she would have time to pee out all that water before going to bed.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

my ds always wants to drink his bath water he started trying to drink it at 6 months. at 10 mon he started reaching for and trying to drink out of our glasses. now he always has a straw cup in his reach that he can drink from when he wants.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

I'm just surprised (based on my kid) that your baby hasn't drank any bath water. We actually had to change Lilah's bathtime to earlier in the day so she would have time to pee out all that water before going to bed.
    Now you've made ME surprised why mine's never done that (except accidentally, occasionally)!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*irismom View Post
    Now you've made ME surprised why mine's never done that (except accidentally, occasionally)!!
    Well, I must admit, Lilah's a freak for water. She loves it. She loves to lay about it in, and drink it and dump it all over the place. So maybe mine is way on one end, and yours is way on the other.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months