Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help

Default help

DS is 27 months old. (almost 28). I went into preterm labor with our twins and am home on strict bedrest. I've immediately weaned him. He wasn't nursing much before (apparently nursers are yucky and milk all gone).

The only time that he seems to notice is bedtime. And he hasn't napped since the hospital ( I used to nurse him down). But he still is missing it. How can I help him with this transition. I try to cuddle him instead but it doesn't work instead and I can't get up and walk around with him to distract him.
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

Default Re: help

awe my last two gave up naps about that time too, its stinking hard with out bedrest.
    Will he rest with you watching tv if you save it for only rest time?

do you have any help?
    If I didn't have any family I would hire a young teen to help.

I have family most of the time. A few hours here and there without anyone but most of the time. I'm mostly worried on how he can adjust to not having nursers. (although the nap thing really sucks). He is exhausted now but doesn't want to lay down to sleep. screams when I try to have him lay down and I can't chase him.
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

He'll be fine...

some extra suggle time and extra love will help.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning_faqs.html

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*laterleigh View Post
    DS is 27 months old. (almost 28). I went into preterm labor with our twins and am home on strict bedrest. I've immediately weaned him. He wasn't nursing much before (apparently nursers are yucky and milk all gone).

The only time that he seems to notice is bedtime. And he hasn't napped since the hospital ( I used to nurse him down). But he still is missing it. How can I help him with this transition. I try to cuddle him instead but it doesn't work instead and I can't get up and walk around with him to distract him.
    There was some lag time as DS weaned until his cuddling really picked up. He still isn't a big cuddlerer, but he will sometimes. Some time may be what is needed.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.