Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long does breast milk last after you warm it?

Post How long does breast milk last after you warm it?

Hi i pump about 4-5oz every 2-3 hours and the i put it in the friged. how long does it last after i warm it once? What if my baby dosen't finish the bottle can i put it back in the friged or do i just leave it out in room temperature and wait for him to wake up and feed it to him.? i never frezz breast milk but im planing to do it, does it work the same?

Default Re: How long does breast milk last after you warm it?

if baby doesn't finish the milk you can use it for the next feeding but shouldn't keep it past that.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Are you exclusively pumping and bottle feeding? Or are you nursing and still pumping out 5 ounces every 2 to 3 hours? Are you interested in getting your son to nurse if he isn't currently?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Yes I'm pumping 4-5oz every 2-3 hours and bottle feed my baby because everytime he laches he starts to cry after a minute on nursing and that's too much he crys to i have to bottle feed him so he can get his milk otherwise he wont eat much directly from my breast. Any help? I do want to nurse him i love it i did it for 1 week now he's 3 weeks and he only takes bottles.