Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrified that I'm not pumping enough!

Default Re: Terrified that I'm not pumping enough!

You were all right - things are working out. I think it was just back-to-work nerves. I've been consistently able to pump 12 ounces during my three workday pumping sessions. I seem to get about 4 oz in the morning, 5 oz at noon, and 3 oz in the afternoon.

Yesterday DD only took two of the 3.5 ounce bottles that I sent and she didn't quite finish them - she took one bottle at around 9:30, the next at 12:40, and then they did a craft project : and she napped in the afternoon until I picked her up at 4:15. When we arrived at our breastfeeding support group meeting at 5 she actively nursed for almost an hour. She nursed a ton again at 8:30 and then for a normal duration at 10:30, and slept from 11 PM to 6 AM. That one surprised me!

Her caregivers said that she was spitting up quite a bit with the big 4 ounce bottles, so I won't be sending them that large anymore. I will probably do three 3 oz bottles with an extra 2 ounce bottle in the freezer as a "snack" if needed.

Today she still has the one 3.5 oz bottle left over from yesterday, and I sent in three 3 oz bottles as well. We will see what she takes, but having a little bit of extra milk in the fridge makes me worry less about having enough - especially since we're probably headed into that 3 month growth spurt in the next week or two.
    Katie - mom to Lily, 8/5/2010

Sounds like everything is going great! I'm glad to hear it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

you're doing awesome! another thing to keep in mind is that even if she doesn't finish the bottle all in one sitting, that same bottle of milk is fine to give her for a few hours. So if she did seem hungry and had a little leftover from the last bottle, she could eat that rather than thawing the xtra from the freezer.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Excellent! I'm so glad things are working out! It's so hard going back to work. So many of us have been right there in your shoes!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    Excellent! I'm so glad things are working out! It's so hard going back to work. So many of us have been right there in your shoes!
    glad it's working out!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

That's great! Glad to hear everything is going so well.