Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fussy @ breast

Question fussy @ breast

my lo [5 mo on 21st] has been fussy @ the breast. she will be eating then come off and of, I don't if it's that's she distracted, oald, too slow coming out or what. i really dont think it's reflux as from what i read doesnt have the symptoms of it. if i squeeze the breast milk does come out. it can be a bit frustrating as i dont know what it can be. dr didnt see anything @ appt last week.

any suggestions on what can be happening??
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Default Re: fussy @ breast

I doubt I can be much help as my lo is only 5 weeks, but for him this seems to mean gas, or needing to burp....he is not easy to burp, and sometimes it takes a while, but that seems

Are the issues just beginning, or have they always been there? My 9 mo has had reflux from about 2 weeks on, and I have OALD. She cried excessively at the breast, spit up a lot, and so on. Its so hard to know sometimes what's going on with them! We have had increased fussiness here lately, and I find myself wondering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Juju&Livi's mom View Post
    Are the issues just beginning, or have they always been there? My 9 mo has had reflux from about 2 weeks on, and I have OALD. She cried excessively at the breast, spit up a lot, and so on. Its so hard to know sometimes what's going on with them! We have had increased fussiness here lately, and I find myself wondering the same thing!
    It has pretty much been there all along, some times are better. Sometimes she will cry, her split up I have thought was more of a dairy issue but maybe not entirely. She will go on and off the breast esp at night when it is before bedtime. I am not sure how I can tell if it is OALD. What are the signs if it is that?
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Yeah, bedtime is sometimes hard for us as well (especially lately). She will eat for a few seconds, pull off and cry, eat a little more, etc. I don't know if she wants to eat more or less, if she's getting too much or too little, or what! In the past, the fussiness has meant that she just wants to be put down to go to sleep, but I used to keep trying to feed her until I figured that out. Now I'm not sure what she needs.