Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stopped breastfeeding last week and now I've changed my mind!

Default stopped breastfeeding last week and now I've changed my mind!

My daughter is 15 weeks old and I decided to stop nursing her a few weeks ago. I slowly stopped nursing until we got down to one feeding per day and then I completely stopped last week and have been formula feeding my daughter. This evening I started to feel sad and guilty that I wasn't nursing her and regretted the descision to stop so I wondered if I had any milk in my breast so I squeezed my nipple and milk came out! Here's my question: Was that breast milk left over milk from this past week? If I nurse my daughter later tonight will milk taste badly to her (because of the milk sitting in my breast for a week)? And, can I get my milk back to where I can nurse my daughter again?
    Thank you in advance for reading my post and helping me!

Default Re: stopped breastfeeding last week and now I've changed my mind!

Milk is always fresh!!!!! If nursing her is what you really want to do, then I'd get her back to the breast asap!!! It is certainly possible to continue breastfeeding, especially since it's only been a week. There's a thread on here just for re-lactating moms that you should check out, as I am sure they could give you some great advice.