Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Signs of teething?

Default Signs of teething?

DD is three months old and in the past few days she has been drooling buckets all of a sudden. She is also really fussy, which is highly unusual for her and is not nursing as often, although still when she gets hungry enough (diaper output is still good so far). She has really enjoyed having a little teething ring toy in her mouth (although she needs help to get it there). Are these signs that she is teething already?? I know that she is young but not unheard of. Or, is this just normal behavior and changes? I would appreciate any input.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Default Re: Signs of teething?

Hi,
    My DS is a wk shy of turning 5 mths and he has been drooling since he was 3 mths old too. At times, he becomes fussy and most times, he would be biting his fist or 'chewing' his teether. His gums have been 'swollen' and we can see the whites of his teeth on the sides of his gums. That was like almost 2 mths ago since and we're still waiting to see his first tooth erupt! I guess it's normal behaviour they are going through. I read some started showing signs of teething early but only cut their first tooth some months later!

My DS is 4 months old and is showing signs of teething as well (I think ) It started at around 3 months. He too, has been fussy, biting everything in sight and drooling like a mad man! Other signs of teething are flushed cheeks. He finds comfort in nursing and has yet to reject feedings (knock on wood).

My daughter starting drooling like a faucet at 3 mths old too and was fussy and putting everything in her mouth. Actually, she drooled a lot until she was about 5 or 6 mths old. I thought for sure she was going to get teeth early--she had all the "symptoms" you often hear about, but her first tooth didn't break through until she was 9 mths old. She's now 10 mths old and has 4 teeth coming in!

Thanks for the imput!! Her cheeks have been really flushed too so that makes me feel a little better. I have been constantly trying to feel and she if she is feverish, but just the flushed cheeks. Guess they have to get an early start sometimes.....

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

my DD has also been showing signs since 3 months old and still no teeth.