Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Too much milk??

Default Too much milk??

My baby is now 2 months old and my freezer is so full of milk!! I've already thrown a ton of it away! I started out pumping after nursing and now I just pump before bed and in the morning. I try not to pump often but my breasts hurt and are so full if I don't! My baby is starting to sleep longer at night and I have to get up in the middle of the night and pump because my breasts are like rocks! What shall I do?

Default Re: Too much milk??

Congratulations! Have you thought of donating your milk? I too am starting to see my supply growing fast but I am nursing twins and am freezing some. For now I am just trying to see how the freezing goes and make sure boys have enough. This is my first BF experience with twins otherwise I have thought about how nice it would be to donate.

That's a great idea. I've thought about that too. Any idea of where I could donate it?

Thank you! Any advice on the night nursing? My breasts are so full they HURT!!

Are you pumping just to relieve or pumping to empty at night? If it were me, I would just pump enough to relieve otherwise I would think you are telling your body to make more milk if you empty completely.

I usually just pump about half. I suppose I will start to just pump to relieve!