Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did your LO start "nursing" their toys?

Default Re: When did your LO start "nursing" their toys?

My 25 month old just started this last month. She lifts her shirt and puts her baby against her chest saying, "want night-night?" LOL So cute!

When I was pg with dd, I started "nursing" his teddy bear, just to get him used to the idea of sharing.

Then...

Shortly after dd was born, I caught him nursing teddy on one side and Tigger on the other. It was soooo cute! I wish I had a camera! (He was 22 months old).

Now, six month later, he still nurses his stuffed animals on ocassion. He has even nursed Pilchard the Cat from his Bob the Builder Legos (LOL)!

Tiana

DD is all about sharing some Mommy Milk with her toys these days. As you know, she's 15 months. Lets see, this week I've nursed SpongeBob, Patrick, a various assortment of baby dolls, a Barbie, a kitten...LOL! At least she likes to share!

Everytime I suggest she nurse her dolls, she says "no" and lifts my shirt! She not ready to take that step yet, I guess.

Good post!
    Last edited by LLL_Melissa; October 18th, 2006 at 07:04 AM.

I think ODD was about 15mo. Its soo cute. I dont have any pics yet but really need to take some. She always stops when I pull out the camera.

Hello everyone

How sweet to read about the other little mommies.
    My two started bringing me toys to nurse from about 15 months.I don't mind nursing teddies and dolls but I draw the line at traktors etc.

from about 18 months they've been giving mimi to their dolls and bears (even my son!) I noticed that they sometimes ask me to nurse their dolls when they really want to have a go themselves.IF I do start to 'nurse' dolly they immediately pull it away and get on themselves

I love this age when they understand that mimi is sth special that makes you feel better.When one of them hurts himself the other will come and get me and say e.g. "L. mimi." The other day at a playgroup a baby cried and my sweet girl said: "Baby sad. Baby mimi."
    Isn't it lovely that our babies want to share the good things in this world. How generous.

x T

My dd started nursing her toys probably 2 months after my ds was born. (they are 22 1/2 months apart) She wouldn't put the dolls to her breast per se, but she had the right idea. It was too cute! Now every time that she hears here baby brother crying, she tells me that she he wants "mommy milk" and will not relent until I nurse him. (she also tells me, when she sees him nursing, that he is eating my breast... lol) They are just too cute! I haven't seen her nursing any toys lately, but that isn't to say she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by deenz View Post
    My eldest daughter started nursing her toys at around 20 ish months. I know I have a photo of her doing it at 21m. She was still nursing herself. However she also had a new baby sister, so I just assumed that the 'nursing her toys' came from watching me nurse her sister... I never even imagined that she might have done that had she remained an only-child.

On a side note, I always found it odd when she was younger, that she seemed to know what to do with the toy bottles that one of her dolls came with. I couldn't think of any bottle-feeding that she regularly saw, but she obviously did, and took it in. Now (at 2yrs 8m) when she feeds a doll a bottle, she usually says it's milk that she pumped!! (And she certainly hasn't seen me express milk for many months!).

Denise
    Both of those sentiments have totally been my experience. I have three children all a little less than 2 years apart. I always interpretted the nursing as an imitation of me "mommying" the baby. My son nursed his beloved stuffed doggies pretty soon after my daughter was born. I even took some pride that when a parent educator from a local school district was doing a screening on my first son that he had no idea what to do with the bottle and the baby she had presented him (he was a little past 2 at the time).

My daughter (child #2) however insisted on giving all her baby dolls bottles and only recently (at age 3) when I was nursing my 1 year old on the floor did she sit next to me and nurse her doll. I had no idea how she knew exactly what to do with the bottle, she herself had never had one and why it took so long for it to occur to her to nurse the baby.

Laura

just curious, what did the parent educator say about your son and lack of bottle knowledge? i find it amazing that they would present that during (what i am assuming is) a screening...just curious. thanks

The parent educator was very understanding about him not knowing what to do. I think she saw the obvious bias in the screening that the state had her doing. A year or so later I mentionned the incident to a new parent educator in a new district and she had the same type of bag and she pulled out the same sort of thing to see if he now knew what to do with it -- he did.

Laura

So shortly after I posted this DS started bringing me one of his favorite toys to "nurse". It was so sweet! Then yesterday he had me "nurse" the TV remote, LOL!