Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did your LO start "nursing" their toys?

Default When did your LO start "nursing" their toys?

I know lots of toddlers will "nurse" their favourite dolls or other toys -- I think it's so sweet! Just wondering if your LO does this and when they started doing it? I can't wait to see if my own little guy will do it and when it might start happening.

Default Re: When did your LO start "nursing" their toys?

I think that is so sweet also. My little guy is 17 months and is not doing this yet....I look forward to when he does Several little girls in our LLL group do, they are about 2.5-3.0.

My DS doesnt nurse his toys, but he did fairly recently start having toys nurse on each other--very cute. He is two and a half.

i don't know if it is associated or not, but andrew (only 10 months) laughs hysterically when his older cousin (5 y/o) "nurses" her babies! the other day, he even crawled up to me and proceeded to lift his shirt up! and he has been lifting my shirt up for sips for a month now, my dh thinks that is hilarious! ds has also been known to (very quickly, before i can stop him), unlatch and give a good squeeze, enough one time to squirt milk across the floor onto his older brothers back!! we did have a laugh about that one!! if any of the older kids have a toy in one of the slings/wraps i have made them, andrew follows them around going "up!" i laugh and tell them he is jealous of their doll! our house can be quite entertaining, i always have the neighborhood here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy View Post
    Cailian,

When was your little Julian born? I have a Julian born in July 2005!!!!

Abby
    What a coincidence! My Julian was born on July 22, 2005 (at 9:38am). How about yours?

How nice for you two to have birthdays so close together! My Julian was due July 9! A bit overdue, indeed

Julian is pretty common around here -- I've heard it in the park a few times now anyway. Julien is also fairly common in the french speaking parts of Canada. And, yeah, people do always comment to me that they like his name. They think it's not too, too common, but not way-out-there unusual either. I'm still pretty happy with it too -- it was the only name DH and I could agree on

Mine doesn't and never did "nurse" his toys, but he brought me toys to nurse. The Hot Wheels were the funniest, and I refused to "nurse" a car. And I caught him last night trying to feed his Thomas the Train engine some cheese stick! LOL.

And yesterday, even though he hasn't nursed in months, he was shoving toys down my shirt to nurse during church, to my utter embarrassment!

I wonder if he will start nursing his toys when he sees me nurse the new baby, who should be arriving in the next couple of weeks or so.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My dd is 22 months. She started "feeding" about a month ago. Last week she tandoom fed ( which she has never seen) She had a teddy on one side and a dinosaur (T.Rex) on the other. I only wish that I had had my camera to hand!
    AManda

I can't wait for this!! It's so sweet, we're raising kids that will become part of a culture where breastfeeding is not so unusual, I hope!!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

My eldest daughter started nursing her toys at around 20 ish months. I know I have a photo of her doing it at 21m. She was still nursing herself. However she also had a new baby sister, so I just assumed that the 'nursing her toys' came from watching me nurse her sister... I never even imagined that she might have done that had she remained an only-child.

On a side note, I always found it odd when she was younger, that she seemed to know what to do with the toy bottles that one of her dolls came with. I couldn't think of any bottle-feeding that she regularly saw, but she obviously did, and took it in. Now (at 2yrs 8m) when she feeds a doll a bottle, she usually says it's milk that she pumped!! (And she certainly hasn't seen me express milk for many months!).

Denise