Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Painful bite

Unhappy Painful bite

So LO bit me for the first time last tuesday and it was becoming more and more painful until yesterday i noticed a tiny cut with a yellow centre. it's very very small but super painful. As it's the weekend i wasn't able to see my GP and have just carried on nursing but it's even more painful today (feels like i'm being injected with a BIG needle when she latches on) even though it doesn't look any worse.
    I don't feel I can just stop nursing on that side as i'll get engorged and pumping will hurt just as much. Any advice?

Default Re: Painful bite

Ouch! Sorry you got bit. Tips for healing broken skin in the nipple area here: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...lehealing.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks- it was starting to get worse so I've decided to stop nursing on that side and express instead to give it a chance to heal.

Sorry it's getting worse! Is there an infection going on there?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Possibly, but since resting it today and just pumping (the affected area wasn't touching the pump sides) it seems to be improving (but still sore). I'm not planning to feed directly from this side until it's fully healed- I just hope that she carries on taking the EBM from the bottle- today was only the second time she's ever done it! I was amazed!

Ouchy! Luckily, in my experience, nipples heal pretty quickly. Maybe use some polysporin ointment on it to help if there is an infection and keep it moist?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.