Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Questions re: hands free pumping bras

Default Questions re: hands free pumping bras

I never used a hands free bra when I was pumping for DS, but I like the idea of having more freedom while pumping. I will be returning to work next month and I am considering purchasing one. A few questions I have are: 1) I am currently a 32G, has anyone used one that is a similar size? I often have trouble with nursing tanks, etc... fitting due to the small 32 combined with the G . 2) I find I get much faster and better production when I do breast compressions while pumping, do the bras allow access for this? 3) What brand is your favorite?

Default Re: Questions re: hands free pumping bras

I've been using the simple wishes hands free bra for several weeks now and absolutely love it! (simplewishes.com). It is a bustier type bra and is easily adjustable, thus you do not have to worry about a specific cup size. It is a soft fabric so you can massage while pumping and is easy to clean. For me this has been a sanity saver while pumping.

I didn't do this myself, but you sound like the perfect candidate for the homemade version - cut small (smaller than you think) holes in a sports bra. I used the Easy Expressions Bustier in a size medium (I am a 34F, and it was fine, but when my breasts shrunk up a bit after nursing for a long time, it was too big). The thing about a hands-free bustier is that you can stash it in your pump and it's easier to take on and off than a sports bra would be. It doesn't have to fit perfectly, it's better it be on the small side, to hold the horns on securely.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Thumbs up Re: Questions re: hands free pumping bras

I finally found the Best Hands Free Pumping Bustier and it sounds perfect for you (no I do not work for the company but just Love the product - it was made by a mom so it was made right).

It is a Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breast Pump Bra by Simple Wishes and I bought it form Amazon.cpm for $28. They also have a website at www.simplewishes.com

The other one I had was fine with my first baby but this time my breast seem to range in size from D to F during the day and night. This busiter has several ways you can adjust it in the front, back, and it has optional straps if you need more support (when I am an E/F). You do not have to conform to a specific size or have your breast point in the perfect direction to have the cones of your pump line up correctly. I have how much you can adjust it to fit you and not some model perfect person. It is Super soft and does not irritate my nips when I am putting it on (my other one did a bit).

I knew I would need it mostly for when I head back to work but I went ahead and ordered it now and I am so happy with this product!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Whoa, I was just checking out the Simple Wishes bustier, and it looks AWESOME. I wish I had known about that a year ago ...

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Whoa, I was just checking out the Simple Wishes bustier, and it looks AWESOME. I wish I had known about that a year ago ...
    I really Love it!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk