Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Proof (like we needed it) that I'm crazy...

Talking Proof (like we needed it) that I'm crazy...

V is over 14-months-old, still breastfeeding on demand, eating two or three solid food meals a day and doing fantastically. So why did my heart do a little dance of joy when this morning while she was sleepily nursing in side laying position (we bed share), my "top boob" didn't just leak, it poured milk down my chest like when she was 14-DAYS-old? So do I have milk production anxiety or what? I have actually felt guilty that I haven't been pumping every day during her naps and building up a bigger supply in the freezer for cooking.

Apparently I like to drive myself crazy over everything, even things that are going GREAT!
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

Default Re: Proof (like we needed it) that I'm crazy...

Ahhh the pleasures of milk production!!!!! we can't predict with any certainty what are babies are going to do but sometimes are bodies are three steps ahead. One year olds have been known to return to being soley breastmilk, breastfeeding due to any number of reasons. Breastmilk is just so nutritious so easy on the digestive system perhaps your body is clued in to an upcoming growth spurt.

Default Re: Proof (like we needed it) that I'm crazy...

She's also recently cut FOUR molars that still have to fully emerge, and has grown at least half an inch in the last few weeks. Poor baby girl! She did just eat about 1/4C sweet rice made with breastmilk, and is back to nursing.

I have a large galactocele in the breast that leaked this morning, so it's nice to know that it hasn't affected production negatively.
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!