Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Issues with laying down to nurse

Default Issues with laying down to nurse

Laying down to nurse DD1 was easy and wonderful. We got our snuggle time and I got extra rest that I desperately needed.

With DD2 it hasn't been as smooth (mind you we're trying it earlier than I did with DD1). We're only successful about 40% - 50% of the time. When we're good, it's fine. She latches fine, snuggles in and it's wonderful. When we're not having a good day, it doesn't happen at all. She'll cry, kick, latch on and pull off. I'll try to burp her, make sure she's clean, etc. but she just won't settle in. I end up giving up and we go back to the living room to nurse on the couch with our nursing pillow. There, she latches on just fine.

Any ideas as to why?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Issues with laying down to nurse

I am so there with you. Some days my little man just gives me fits over certain positions. I have never found an explanation for it either. I just chalk it up to him wanting to be a certain way, and me another LOL.

Default Re: Issues with laying down to nurse

I'm giving it a break for a while and we'll try again later. It was stressing me out and she wasn't happy. Maybe it will work for us down the road.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and