Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg

Default Re: Omg

I'm so sorry! I'm fortunate to have a good doctor who was happy that dd is drinking water and mommy milk.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

so the update is that all ofher protein allergies came back normal, no cleiac either. She is still having diarreah, and HORRIBLE rashes on her bottom. It got so bad recently she has open sores again, it all stems from her poop being on her sensitive skin for more then 1 minute.

so I am at a loss still!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

did they test the sores for mersa?
    One of the babies I knew had that it it causes horrable sores.
    http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...FQo65QodnD4Njw

they finaly had to put her to sleep and cut the infection out of her behind.

have you looked into yeast over growth?
    I'm trying to find a good web site..
    I don't know if it causes the swelled tummy or not.

is she on alot of anitbotics? where you when you were pg?

She's pretty young to say definitively that she doesn't have celiac unless she tested negative for the gene. Did they check her genes and determine celiac is not possible or just test for antibodies?

Andrea had some good ideas on things to check.

I would probably start some kind of elimination diet and see if that helps. I'd probably also push for additional testing, like scoping of some sort, to see if they can see anything and also determine if there is any intestinal damage.

I'm sorry she is still suffering. x 1,000,000

Sorry you're going through this, it must be very worrying.

Have you thought about seeing a naturopathic doctor? I find they know alot more than regular doctors and are especially knowledgeable about diet.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

I have looked up yeast rashes and it dosent look like that. I looked at MRSA and it didnt look like that either. I should just take a pic, most of the sores have closed but a few are still there. I CANT GET THEM TO GO AWAY!!! She tells me, " i got boo boo" and grabs her bottom, its so sad.

She hasnt been on antibiotics in many months, and I was not on any during my preg with her. I think she was only on antibiotics 1 or 2 times and that was a long time ago.

A friend of mine reccomended a dermatologist.

Not too sure if that would help her rash?
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

Awww, Dara. I wish I had answers for you. I know how difficult it is to deal with doctors who don't offer any help or explanation for what your little one is going through. Please keep us posted and if I think of anything, I'll let you know. I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you with Charlotte and her issues and I'm standing around in a daze trying to figure out where to go next.
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!

A friend of mine reccomended a dermatologist.

Not too sure if that would help her rash

couldn't hurt right?????