Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: enough milk after pump weaning

Default enough milk after pump weaning

We have been pump weaned for about a week now. Will is right at 1 year old. I go from about 6:30 a to 3:30 p w/o nursing. How do I know he still gets enough milk? He won't drink cow's milk yet, though we consistently try. I have enough frozen for a couple more weeks of EBM at daycare, then it will be solids, juice and water unless he starts drinking milk pretty soon. He nurses about 4-5 times in the times I am with him on the week days, including twice during the night, and probably 6-7 times on the weekends and days off. I still feel a letdown and hear swallowing. I do not feel engorged during the day. What do I need to do to ensure good nutrition? What does he need to be eating at this point? After 1 year I am clueless about this stuff.

Default Re: enough milk after pump weaning

I think that amount is fine! make sure he gets cheese and yogurt (if he eats those) and water during the day.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You're doing great...

One way we got my girl to take cow milk was mixing it with whole fat yogurt, nearly half and half.. I guess it was a milk smoothie, ha.
    "Old" first time ma (38) to Athena (May 17, 09) Oh my G-d, I'm nursing a toddler!!

Thanks ladies. He does eat yogurt and drink the drinkable kind. I will try that with the milk.