Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quick ?, domp & fenugreek

Default Quick ?, domp & fenugreek

I have looked through the other threads and didn't see this asked anywhere recently. I have just gotten my domperidone (so excited and hopeful!) and was wondering if I should still keep taking fenugreek? I am taking 30 mg of domp 3Xs a day and was taking the same dose of fenugreek.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Quick ?, domp & fenugreek

I would drop the fenugreek, unless it's been effective for you. I tried it and it never did much, but dom was very helpful.

My LC had me take both. Good Luck!!

Thx for your response to my ? 'bout fenugreek and domp...
    I wanted to ask what kind of results you had with domp, if you don't mind sharing. I have a 7.5 week old who is having trouble gaining weight and I think its b/c of my supply. When I pump after 3-4 hrs I'm lucky if I get 1-1.5 oz from one side...I'm just curious to hear what others experience on domp. Most women say its significant, but I don't know what that is...and I realize its different for everyone.
    Thx!

My son won't nurse so I have to exclusively pump. (Actually he does nurse but never seems satisfied.) I started Domperidone about two months ago and went from pumping 2 ounces both breasts on average (the most I would get was 4) to pumping an average of 4, sometimes more. I have had no side effects. Good luck!

I am lucky to pump 40ml both breasts. I would like to ask the dr about Domperidone. Do I talk to my dr (obgyn) or the ped about taking the med?

I took both (and will take both when I restart my relactation process) and noticed results very quickly. Not sure if it was from the domperidone or the mixture of fenugreek and domperidone but I will continue to take both until I no longer need assistance in increasing my milk supply. It's safe to take both.

Good luck!

If you're in the US, you can't get dom unless you order from Canada. I got it from globalhealth.com

Darleen,

Not completely true... You CAN still get domperidone in the US. While it isn't FDA approved in the US, it's available at some compounding pharmacies across the US. The issue is getting a doctor to write the script. Most docs won't because of the fact that it isn't FDA approved (even though they are legally able to perscribe it without getting into trouble or anything) and will offer up Reglan as a second choice. Getting domperidone from a compounding pharmacy in the US is faster but alot more expensive in the long run. I personally think it's easier and more cost effective to order it from New Zeland.

ETA: I just re-read my post and it seemed like it sounded a bit snobbish! Sorry about that!!!!