Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this a nursing strike?

Question Is this a nursing strike?

I am a little concerned since my lo hasn't been eating that much as of late. For about the last 29 hours, she her eating has seriously decreased. Sometimes she will eat for about 3 minutes and sometimes not at all. She had a good 17 min feed at 7pm for bedtime but instead of getting up for a 5 am feeding, she went to sleep. When I offered her breakfast, she only ate for 5 minutes (after 12 hours of not eating but for 3 minutes!!!). Her diapers are not very wet either. I am not sure if I should take her to the doc or try treating a nursing strike. Anyone know what might be going on?

Default Re: Is this a nursing strike?

How old is your lo? How is she acting? Does she seem to be okay otherwise? Is she teething? You might try some of the tips for dealing with a strike and see how it goes.

she is four months old and her behavior is otherwise very normal and happy.

I bet she's teething. Shiloh started that at 4mos and it seems like the last 3 weeks he hasn't wanted to nurse but 3 or 4 minutes here and there. I was really worried but tried to assure myself that he'd eat when he was hungry. Well, this morning I felt yet another tooth and he has started to nurse really well now. He's even taken both sides in one feeding several times in a row today!

Watch your LO, the diaper output, and let us know how she's doing.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Did you have to pump a lot? I am a bit concerned about my supply (it has been down since she started this). The diaper output is looking better than yesterday. We got her to eat a little more yesterday and this morning instead of 3 minutes, she ate 7!