Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is this normal???

Default is this normal???

My oldest two were formula fed(nursing just didn't work out) this LO is BF. The other two STTN pretty early and this LO just doesn't. She spends most nights in our bed. I don't mind if she's not attached to me the whole night, when she is my back is totally messed up the next day and this is often. Is there anything I can do to get her to sleep longer at night? I put her in her crib when she first goes down and sometimes I will put her back after a feeding also. BTY she HATES he crib and will wake up crying in the daytime I get her at night before she gets that far. She eats pretty much what we eat she will spit any baby food back out, even mashed potatoes the first couple bites until she relizes it's off my plate. LOL She pretty well assumes she is boss and she pretty much is too LOL.
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: is this normal???

It may be that she is just her unique self. Some babies STTN early on, others never do.

Have you experimented with crib alternatives? When DS got so big that it wasn't comfortable to have him in our full size bed anymore, we removed the rails from his crib (which he never used) to make it a toddler bed and pushed it right up alongside our bed and used a regular bed rail on the other side to keep him from falling out that side. That allowed him to just scoot over to me to nurse, and I could either scoot him back when he was asleep or scoot us both over nearer his bed if he was waking easily. We have also had some success with the mattress(es) on the floor approach.

I'm assuming you've done some experimenting with positioning while night nursing... One of the things that I discovered worked for my particular back troubles with side lying nursing was having a pillow or two behind my back to offer some support from that side. It allowed me to relax my back muscles in ways that I evidently had not been able to without them. I also find that I have to have plenty of pillows available to move around for my head and neck, as the position that feels best for me is always changing.
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

we will be moving to a larger house in a few weeks so LO will have her own room. My dad is making her a toddler bed since she hates the crib anyway. I am hoping that a little freedom will help her like her bed more since it won't feel like a jail. I will try the pillow trick though and see if it will help. Thanx!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Being that you have a one year old I'm guessing you've tried this but have you tried delatching and offering a binky or if she won't take one then a lovie?
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

She will only chew on a binki and she has tons of lovies but none are as good as mommy I suppose. lol Last night was horrible she tossed n turned all night long I think it may be teething again. Needless to say mommy is tired. I'm hoping once she starts walking she will sleep more lol. Going to try giving her something more solid before bed, I have tried this before and it didn't work but will try it again.
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Introducing something more solid before bed doesn't necessarily help with sleep, in some babies it will make things worse.

Try wearing a lovey around in your bra all day.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

hmm interesting idea. I have tried leaving my tee shirt from the day in there before but not this. May just have to try it.
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel