I'm very frustrated and down about trying to make this decision. But after 16mths, I'm done. I really wish DD would wean herself completely, but I don't see that happening anytime soon and it's getting harder and harder for me to stay well to keep up with her. Not even with my AF returning (after being MIA for 2yrs) did my supply decrease from the norm!!!!! I've always had OS/OALD and I'm tired!!!
I've been feeling clogged ducts on both sides coming on these past few days from a combination of things: DD teething, stuffy nose (allergies), sloppy latch, STTN (only if in our bed), eating more solids, her being too busy playing, & me lifting her up/down when we go out/play.
I'm torn on having to make a decision, but I think the benefits are outweighing the neg. The following things will push me to getting clogged ducts even with my taking other precautions:
-I can't wear her
-I can't carry her for long periods of time
-Repetitive lifting to get her on/off in/out of playing equipment/car seat
-Let her STTN (in our bed)
-Her teething (2 molars are about to cut through)
-Her sloppy latch because she'll start falling asleep
-She won't empty because she'd rather play
-If I don't bf her often (right now she wants to be outside playing or at play areas which calls for us to be out for hrs at a time & she's too distracted to bf when we're out-n-about!)
If I significantly decrease/dry out my milk, I can:
-take her out to play as long as she likes
-carry her as long as she'd like (try rocking her to sleep)
-wear her (without having to suffer the consequences)
-let her STTN without having to wake her & insist she feed
-do small things around the house (vacuum, sweep, mop)
-avoid getting stressed when AF rolls around next time
Anyway, my concern is that if I decrease/dry up my supply, would it effect my supply next time around if/when we decide on baby # 2?